Research is a fundamental component of science. Motivated undergraduates are=encouraged to become involved with the ongoing research of many University of Florida professors. As research opportunities in chemistry and chemistry related fields become available they will be announced at club meetings and posted on this page.
The following organizations have undergraduate research programs with funding for travel and stipends. These programs are competitive and geared towards upper division students. Nevertheless, first and second year students should take a look at what each program has to offer and consider applying. Remember, if you don’t apply you have NO chance of being accepted!
The National Science Foundation’s Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program.
The University Scholars Program sponsored by the University of Florida.
The Department of Energy’s Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships program.
Chemistry Related Opportunities: Research experience, internships, co-ops, and more.
Opportunities for science publication, scientific writing, and mentor.
- University Scholars Program
- National Science Foundation REU Program
- Research Database in the Physical Sciences
- UF Chemistry Dept. Faculty & Research Index
- National Conferences on Undergraduate Research
- Hertz Graduate Fellowship
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- National Institutes of Health Predoctoral Fellows